Friday, April 1, 2011

It's Alarming

Yesterday was one of the most important days of my life as an entrepreneur.  I had a big presentation in front of lots of very, very rich people.  Pitches started at 6 pm and somewhere around 6:08, someone's alarm went off.

That evening, while enjoying a drink with my colleagues my business partner asks, "Who sets their alarm for 6:08 anyway?"  I said, "I do, but.." and then (as if on cue) my other partner and I say in perfect synchronization, "for me it would have to be 6:07."

As it turns out, we both have a preference for setting our alarms to odd times - not including 5 min after...because that's still too divisible.  Are we weird?  Is this a unique phenomenon?  Well, there's a Facebook group for it already, if that makes any difference.

I've searched the web to see what might possibly be inspiring us to do this.  As it turns out, there are several others who claim to prefer odd times, but no scientific (or even acceptable) explanation as to why.  I have some theories, but I know it's not something I do with good reason...just something I do.  Anybody else?

No comments: