Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The Power of a Gesture

It may be a little-bit of an understatement to say that I'm kind of busy these days. Even so, I stopped by the store on my way home to take a look at lawnmowers, since I've been using a weed whacker to cut my grass since I moved. After looking around at all of the choices and determining that I couldn't afford any of them, I decided to come home and cut it by hand one last time.

Imagine my surprise when I pulled in the driveway and saw that the lawn was already mowed! It was meant to be an anonymous gesture from my neighbor, but his friends ratted him out. Now, I'm so grateful that I think I'll take him a cake, or maybe a pie. Okay, maybe a slice of pie...making pie is kind of hard...I'll want to save some for myself.So, the moral of this story is: If you really like someone, offer to mow her lawn. If she doesn't slap you, then she'll probably be flattered by the gesture. If she *does* slap you but says yes anyway, you'll probably have one hell of a night ahead of you!

No comments: